Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I took a little time away from blogging to spend the holiday season with family. I'm re-energized and feeling great, and I'm ready for 2013. (Good thing, too, because it's here!)

I've never really been one for resolutions, but I did make one for this year. My 2013 resolution is to be more genuine. I found that so much of my stress and anxiety was caused by my fear of man, which was greater than my fear of God. I allowed myself to conform to the world instead of staying true to what's written on my heart, because the rejection I experienced through the last few months had hurt too much.

By reading verses such as Romans 8:15-39, I found comfort and was reminded that God is with me through my trials. He is eager for me to cast off my old ways and live the life He has called me to through his son, Christ Jesus. He knows that I will face insults on His account, but he reminds me that such insult is a blessing (1 Peter 4:14). My heart yearns to celebrate in my faith, but my anxieties have prevented me. I have stifled my own light under a basket, stealing glory from God so that I can be accepted again by man (Matthew 5:14-16).

I was a fool, but thanks be to God through Jesus for His grace and mercy! 

New Year's always feels like a fresh start, especially with everyone talking about resolutions, setting new life goals and starting new projects. Even though I know my fresh start came years ago when I rose from my baptism into newness of life with Christ (Romans 6:4), I'm glad for this little restart, and for His word that reminds me to be genuine again. I'm eager to see what God will bring into my life in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment